The Blue Ridge Breakaway has quickly earned a reputation as one of Western North Carolina's premier road bike events. That success is due to the great organization by volunteers and chamber staff, to the well-stocked and fun rest stops, and to the beautiful and challenging course that includes the Blue Ridge Parkway. The ride attracted over 400 riders and their families and friends from as far away as Canada and Florida. This is a great event for Haywood County and the chamber.
Co – Owner
Smoky Mountain News
The Chamber hosts many events to bring our members and guests together in business, networking, educational, and social activities to strengthen our relationships and create new ones.
- ELECTED OFFICIALS RECEPTION — February
- An opportunity to meet and greet with the newly elected and incumbent officials from our school board to our representatives in Washington, DC.
- MELANGE OF THE MOUNTAINS — April
- This culinary extravaganza attracts more than 300 people and a dozen member restaurants to indulge in an evening of fine food and friends.
- ANNUAL INSTALLATION DINNER — June
- We will feature a state of the Chamber address, installation of new and returning board members, volunteer and ambassador of the year awards, entrepreneur of the year, business of the year and industry of the year.
- CHAMBER GOLF TOURNAMENT — July
- All levels of golfers are encouraged to participate in this 4 Man Captains Choice tournament.
- BLUE RIDGE BREAKAWAY — August
- An adrenaline pumping bike ride through the mountains. This event features a century, a metric century, a 40 mile and a 24 mile ride. Visit www.blueridgebreakaway.com for additional information.
- APPLE HARVEST FESTIVAL — October
- Celebrate the harvest season on Main Street in Downtown Waynesville with more than 130 vendors and 30,000 people.
- HOLIDAY CHEER — December
- The holiday season is complete with great food, drink, friends and an auction to raise funds for the Chamber.
- ISSUES & EGGS — 1st Wednesday of each month, except January & July
- Monthly breakfast meeting with speakers that is designed to educate and connect our members. A buffet breakfast is served.
- WOMEN IN BUSINESS— Quarterly
- Luncheon featuring topics specifically geared toward business men & women.
- 4THursday — 4:30-6:30pm on 4th Thursday
- Great networking event held on a seasonal basis.